Nausea could happen for a variety of reasons. It may be the result of illness , but is common with pregnant women. But it needn’t be a debilitating situation, and shouldn’t necessarily cost you tons of money from purchasing expensive proprietary medicine. Here are some tips and cures which actually work.
1. EAT! Never allow your stomach to be fully empty. Keep a snack with you at all times Eating small meals throughout the day will help keep your blood sugar from dipping too low and triggering nausea. Try eating carbohydrates before you even get out of bed (crackers, toast, dried fruit, popcorn, granola bars, etc.)
2. Protein: Protein is the best source of sustained energy and will be one of your biggest allies in preventing nausea. Eat some just before bed to avoid feeling queasy in the morning.
3. Complex Carbohydrates: Avoid refined grains and simple carbs like pasta and sugar. These foods not only have little, if any, nutrition but can lead to low blood sugar. Enjoy whole wheat pastas, breads, and other whole
4. Drink: Dehydration is a major cause of nausea and headaches. Aim for 2.5 litres of water, unsweetened juices, and herbal teas. Soft drinks, caffeinated beverages, and sugary drinks are best avoided throughout your
5. Avoid smells, tastes, and textures that trigger your nausea. Ask others in the house to be aware of and respect this.
6. Accupressure: Try “Seabands” designed to offset motion sickness, or firmly press an accupressure site that lies 1/6th of the way between your wrist and elbow, in the middle of the inner side of your forearm.