Have you ever thought of what you should do to get well, even if in spite of all the protective measures, you eventually get the dreaded Coronavirus? Not to worry, you basically just want to prepare as though you know you’re going to get a nasty respiratory bug, like bronchitis or pneumonia. Just have the foresight to know it ‘might’ come your way!
1. Things you should actually buy ahead of time (not sure what the obsession with toilet paper is?):
– Whatever your generic, mucus thinning cough medicine of choice is (check the label and make sure you’re not doubling up on Paracetamol)
– Honey and lemon can work just as well!
– Vick Vaporub (or similar) for your chest is also a great suggestion.
2. If you don’t have a humidifier, that would be a good thing to buy and use in your room when you go to bed overnight. (You can also just turn the shower on hot and sit in the bathroom breathing in the steam).
3. If you have a history of asthma and you have a prescription inhaler, make sure the one you have isn’t expired and refill it/get a new one if necessary.
4. This is also a good time to meal prep: make a big batch of your favorite soup to freeze and have on hand.
5. Stock up on whatever your favorite clear fluids are to drink – though plain water is fine you may appreciate some variety!
1. If you have a fever over 38°c, take Paracetamol rather than Ibuprofen.
2. Hydrate (drink!) hydrate, hydrate!
3. Rest lots. You should not be leaving your house! Even if you are feeling better you may will still be infectious for fourteen days and older people and those with existing health conditions should be avoided!
4. Ask friends and family to leave supplies outside to avoid contact.