In today’s times where more and more people are becoming focused on both their appearance and their health, we are all looking for ways we can reduce the signs of aging. While we can never stop the hands of time entirely, there is much we can do to help reduce how much we show our age. Strength training often referred to as resistance training, is one of those.
Let us look at how this particular training will help you look younger and feel great…
1. Improves Growth Hormone Release. The first way strength training will help you combat aging is by enhancing the natural growth hormone release that takes place in your body. Growth hormone not only helps you build more lean muscle mass, but it can also…
- help you burn fat and reduce the signs of aging.
- help to keep you feeling and looking younger, and
- may help prevent age-related problems such as osteoporosis from creeping up.
Intense strength training will boost your natural release, therefore exerting a very positive influence.2. Boosts Bone Density. Speaking of bone density, this is another benefit this particular training offers. Regular strength training is the most weight-bearing exercise you can do. Weight-bearing exercises have been proven to help build up the overall bone matrix, assisting with denser bones that are more resistant to stress fractures and osteoarthritis.
Most adults begin to lose bone density over the years unless they are doing activities to help preserve it.
3. Builds Lean Muscle Mass. Finally, the last way strength training can help reduce the signs of aging is by helping you to create more lean muscle mass. Again, you will typically see a loss of lean muscle tissue with age unless you are taking steps to push your muscle mass in the right direction – through strength training. It is a “use it or lose it” concept. Without a stimulus being placed on the body, the body sees no reason to preserve the tissue.