You’ve probably heard of the app My Fitness Pal, which allows users to track their fitness goals and share their progress with others. But did you know that the program can count your steps? If you want to know how many steps you’ve taken, but don’t feel like carrying your phone around all day, My Fitness Pal can help!
Why Counting Steps Is Important
When you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, one of the most important things that you can do is to monitor your calorie intake and expenditure. One way to do this is by counting your steps. By keeping track of how many steps you take each day, you can ensure that you are consuming the right number of calories. Additionally, by counting your steps, you can also track your progress and see how many calories you have burned overall.
What’s the Point of This Guide?
If you’re like most people, you use fitness apps to track your progress and stay on track. But what’s the point of counting steps if you can’t link the app to your phone? Here’s how to do it.
How to Link My Fitness Pal to Your Phone
- Open My Fitness Pal on your phone.
- Tap the 3 lines in the top left corner of the app. (If you don’t see these lines, tap More at the bottom of the screen.)
- Tap Settings. Under “Account Information,”
- Tap Connected Apps. Under “Fitness Apps,” find and tap your app. (If you can’t find your app, try looking for a name that starts with “MyFitnessPal.”) If necessary, enter your login information.
- Tap Link App. If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions of use.
- Tap Link App again. (If you don’t see “Link App,” it means your app isn’t linked yet.) Congratulations! You now have linked My Fitness Pal to your phone and can start counting your steps!
How Many Steps Should I Actually Be Taking, Anyway?
Setting your Fitbit to sync with your phone every day can help you track how many steps you’re taking. But how do you know how many steps to take to reach your daily caloric goal? Here’s a guide on how to calculate the number of steps you need to take each day, based on your weight and activity level.
For example, if you weigh 150 pounds and are moderately active, aim to take approximately 2,000-2,500 steps each day. If you weigh more or are less active than this, adjust accordingly. The more active you are, the more steps you’ll need. And remember: if you’re trying to lose weight or maintain your current figure, make sure to stay within the recommended calorie intake as well.
Linking your Fitness Pal account to your phone is an easy way to track your daily steps and progress. All you need to do is download the MyFitnessPal app, sign in, and enter your phone’s serial number. Once linked, all of your activity data will be sent directly to your phone every day.