It’s never been easier to track your fitness progress with Strava. Not only can you easily connect the app to your Bluetooth watch or bike computer, but after a few minutes of entering in your personal data you’re ready to start tracking! This article teaches you how to use Strava and gives you some tips on how to optimize your training.
What is Strava?
Strava is a social network and fitness tracking platform that allows users to track their runs and rides. It is available on iOS and Android devices.
How does Strava work?
If you’re like most people, you probably use a few different apps to track your fitness progress. But what about running and biking? Strava is one of the most popular apps for tracking all sorts of physical activity, and it’s perfect for runners and cyclists. Here’s how to get started using Strava to track your runs and rides:
How to Track your Running and Cycling Rides with Strava
Strava is a great way to track your running and cycling rides. It’s free to use, and there are a lot of built-in features that make it easy to track your progress. Here are some tips on how to use Strava to track your runs and rides:
1. Start by signing up for an account. It’s free, and it will allow you to track your progress and share your routes with others.
2. Once you’ve signed up, open the app and click the “Activities” tab. This is where you’ll start tracking your runs and rides.
3. To track a run, start by clicking on the “Run” icon in the top left corner of the Activity screen. This will open the run tracking window.
4. To track a ride, click on the “Ride” icon in the top left corner of the Activity screen. This will open the ride tracking window.
5. In both windows, you’ll need to provide some basic information about your run or ride. This includes the time, distance, and location (if you’re tracking a ride).
6. You can also add notes about your run or ride .7. Now that you’ve tracked your ride, click “Ride Report” in the Activity screen. This will open a window where you can view your ride stats and see how many calories you burned.8. You can also download this data as a CSV file by clicking “Track History” on the Activity screen, and then selecting “Export Data to CSV.” You’re now ready to analyze your data!
How to use Strava
Strava is a great app for cyclists to use to track their runs and rides. It has a variety of features that make it easy to keep track of your progress. Here are four ways to use Strava with your cycling:
1. Use Strava’s live tracking feature to see how you’re doing as you ride. This lets you see how far you’ve gone, how fast you’re going, and what climbs and descents you’ve experienced. It also gives you the chance to compare your performance against friends and other cyclists on the platform.
2. Use Strava’s Challenges feature to set goals for yourself. This can be anything from completing a certain distance in a certain time or riding at a specific pace. Once you’ve completed the challenge, you can reward yourself with a medal or bragging rights.
3. Use Strava’s heatmap feature to see where all the action is taking place on your ride. This can help you avoid congested areas and find new routes that aren’t well known yet.
4. Use Strava’s Live Segments feature to create custom races based on your riding route or time goals. You can then invite friends and family to compete against you.
5. Use Strava’s Strava Summit program for more detailed analysis of your training, recovery and races. This includes personalized training plans, goals and daily feedback on your performance.
6. Use Strava’s Clubs feature to connect with other riders around the world who have similar interests as you such as cycling or running.
7. Strava is also great for tracking triathlon events as there’s an option to upload your race data to their website and even analyze the results afterwards (includes heat maps).